Sixty Seven's PunBB Forum!

Revolutionizing PunBB!

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-06-19 06:09:12

stephen

DUI having a lawyer do you need to appear?

I have a dui and tomorrow iam going to get a court date,and get my lawyer.....if i have a lawyer do i need to appear with my lawyer or can my lawyer appear for me without me being there iam in caliornia....sacramento conty
NO, the lawyer cannot. You will have to be their for everything except administrative hearings if there are any, usually not in a DUI case.}{

Scott Anderson | Anoka DWI Lawyer

2014-06-19 06:09:12

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-12-25 07:21:30

amanda_00

Re: DUI having a lawyer do you need to appear?

Most criminal defense attorneys are either sole practitioners or work for very small firms. In these instances, you do not get a salary, but instead you get a cut of the firm's profits. If you do not get cases, then there won't be any profits for you to get a cut. In the rare instance where you are hired on salary for the rare mid-sized criminal defense firm or the public defender's office, you will receive your salary for showing up for work, though in your first couple of years, you will most likely be the junior attorney and performing support work, not actually leading a person's defense. These types of jobs are VERY low paying - think around $40k-$50k (this is actually less than the typical salary of paralegals at a large law firm). If the firm's client base does not provide enough hours for you to work, then they will lay people off - starting with the attorneys that do not make their billable hour requirements.

#3 2014-12-27 11:00:32

Noah23

Yes most of people often misunderstand what a DUI lawyer will do. My friend is a reputed DUI attorney Los Angeles and he often clear everything upfront with his clients that what role he can play and where he can help them.

#4 2017-12-16 08:57:52

Twitchell51

For becoming a lawyer the major first step is to pas LSAT. But the fact is that this entrance test is very difficult so you will need the best prep material. I would highly recommend the TestMax LSAT Prep Courses to everyone who needs professional guidance for the preparations.

Adverts

Board footer